When you have a legal issue you call in professionals with training and experience in the legal system so an attorney or lawyer. When you have a medical problem you go to a doctor, one you are sure has the right credentials to practice medicine. When you have a roofing problem then, you should go to a residential roofing company with training, a license and the correct credentials. But for some reason, some people don’t! They bring in the cheapest quote they got, sometimes from what are essentially just handymen, and then wonder why they still have roofing problems months or even weeks later.
There are many reasons why you should call in a residential roofing company so here is a closer look at some of the jobs they can properly undertake for you, ensuring your roof stays in better repair and lasts longer.
- Roof inspecting – Once or twice a year it is a very good idea to have a roofer come to do an inspection of your roof. Getting ahead of any leaks or damage is really key to keeping jobs small and affordable, rather than putting it off and ending up with huge repairs needed that cost a whole lot more.
- Finding and replacing shingles that are missing – A very common problem can be losing one or more shingles from the roof when it has been especially windy, in a storm or just from age. It is not a difficult or expensive job for the roofer to take care of.
- Cleaning and unclogging the gutters and drainpipes – It is so important that the drainpipes and gutters are cleared out of leaves and whatever else gets into them at least twice a year. These are important in removing water from the roof so that there is no water damage and leaks. Something that can happen too in the gutters is that soil builds up and you actually get some plants growing in them as a result! The roots can then cause damage of their own.
- Trimming back overhanging trees – If there are trees overhanging your house this is potentially an issue because of the number of leaves it will shed on your roof and in the gutters, and because of the dead branches that could drop on the roof doing damage. There is also a risk in high storms that the tree can be damaged enough to fall onto the roof. It also gives local wildlife access to your roof and they may take up permanent residence. Squirrels, for example, can do a lot of damage if they get into your electrics. Trimming back the trees is an important part of roof care.
- Looking for leaks – Leaks are a serious problem and need to be found as soon as possible before a lot of damage is done. A roofer can check for them so that your house and your safety is not compromised.